- Opens her first boutique, BAZAAR in Kings Road, Chelsea (London). The mini-skirt sensation begins.
- The second Bazaar store opens in Knightsbridge, (London). Mary Quant marries her partner, the late Alexander Plunket Greene.
- Enters the American market with the conclusion of a licensing agreement with J. C. Penny for clothing and underwear design.
From this point onward, Mary Quant is inundated with requests for designs in various fields, not only from Britain, but also Europe and the United States.
- Wins the SUNDAY TIMES INTERNATIONAL AWARD and is selected as the WOMAN OF THE YEAR.
Establishes GINGER GROUP, launching global-scale production and wholesaling of Mary Quant designed clothing.
- Wins the Maison Branch Rex Award. （U.S.A.）
- Begins design of cosmetics; launches MARY QUANT COSMETICS.
Made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) by Queen Elizabeth II for her achievement with the mini skirt.
Wins the Piavla d’Ora Award （ITALY）. Her autobiography, QUANT BY QUANT is published.
- Selected as a Fellow of the Society of Industrial Artists（F.S.I.A.） and wins that year’s design award.
- Selected as a Royal Designer for Industry（R.D.I.）.
Inducted into the British Fashion Council Hall of Fame for her enormous contribution to British fashion.
- Begins interior and textile design.
Son Orlando is born.
- Sale of Mary Quant cosmetics in Japan begins in March.
- Mary Quant visits Japan for the 1st time.
- Hold a special exhibition, MARY QUANT’S LONDON at the London Museum.
Appointed as a member of the 200th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations between Great Britain and the United States Committee.
- The BBC broadcasts a 1 hour-length special film entitled LIFE OF MARY QUANT.
- Mary Quant visits Japan for the 2nd time.
- Mary Quant visits Japan for the 3rd time.
- Sale of the Mary Quant Collection (leotards, tights, socks, leg warmers) in Japan begins.
MARY QUANT AT HOME, a grand collection of interior-related designs, is launched in New York.
- COLOUR BY QUANT, a book about color by Mary Quant, is published.
- Wins the Pret-a-porter Fashion Federation Award (France).
- QUANT ON MAKEUP, a book about make-up by Mary Quant, is published in Britain and creates a sensation.
- The Japanese language edition of QUANT ON MAKEUP is published. Mary Quant visits Japan for the book launch.
- MARY QUANT’S STYLE FILE, a video about make-up, is released in Britain.
- Mary Quant awarded by the British Fashion Council for her service to the British fashion industry.
- Appointed a honorary member of the Royal College of Arts.
- Mary Quant visits Japan for the LIPSTICK 101 COLOUR campaign.
CLASSIC MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BOOK is published.
- Second autobiography, MARY QUANT: AUTOBIOGRAPHY is published.
- Mary Quant made Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE) for services to British fashion.
- Resides in britain.